This week I begin FUN WEEK! This week is my Stamp Club week which means I get together with 50 of my stamping friends to stamp, create, laugh, and just flat out have a good time. I really look forward to this week and I am so excited about our “C is for Cookie” theme. If you follow my blog, you know how much I love cookies!
Since July kicks off the beginning of the Stampin’ Up year for us demonstrators, I thought I would be nice to have some cookies for us to EAT while we STAMP. I shared this recipe with you awhile back but I had a call from my stampin’ friend, Julie, in Texas. She called to thank me for the recipe and shared some tips and yummy add-ins that she tried. We chatted for about an hour about all the ways we could make these cookies. Yeah, they are kind of an obsession now.
CONNIE’S CAKE MIX COOKIES
- 1 box cake mix, any flavor
- 6 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Add-ins, if desired (chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, etc)
Pre-heat the oven to 350°. Place parchment paper on cookie sheet (not necessary but it sure is nice!).
Mix eggs and butter together. Add cake mix and mix well. Add add-ins if desired. The dough will be “wet” but if it’s just too wet to work with, add about a 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
Drop by teaspoon, roll into a ball, and roll into the powdered sugar to coat. Place 12 balls on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE! These cookies don’t brown and if they get overcooked they taste slightly burned. Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring on a cooling rack. Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Some my favorites include
- Butter Golden Cake mix with Butterscotch chips
- Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake mix with Peanut Butter chips
- Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake mix with Toffee Bits
- Orange Supreme Cake mix with dried cranberries
- Lemon Supreme Cake mix with White Chocolate chips
- Strawberry Cake mix with White Chocolate chips
- Funfetti Cake mix with candy sprinkles (yes, you need more than what comes in the mix)
I know you’re all probably hungry now but go check your pantry! You probably already have a cake mix there! It’s always a good day to bake cookies. 🙂
Want to get my “C is for Cookie” Stamp Club projects? You can! Just join Stampin’ Girls Gone Wild Online Club! To read all the details and join, CLICK HERE!