I could hardly wait to share with you the video for today’s Flash Card! To be able to add COLOR to colored cardstock was something I had always wanted to do but never knew how…. until today! The magic is just one simple thing – bleach! Who knew?
A few tips about bleach:
- BE CAREFUL! I know you don’t need me to tell you this but spilled bleach or getting bleach on a red sweater is just not a good thing.
- Bleach is smelly. If necessary, open a window or do what I did and work quickly and close that bottle up.
- Use fresh bleach. Old bleach doesn’t have the same effect on cardstock.
- Test on a piece of scrap cardstock to see if you like how it looks. Funny thing about bleach and cardstock – you never know what color it will turn out until you try it.
- After you have bleached, you can hold the cardstock under a lamp to heat set it OR just use your heat tool for the fastest method.
Well, now that I’ve covered that… let’s get on with the video, shall we?
So, pretty cool, huh? Are you ready to try it? Sure! Now…just a head’s up. Your family will THINK you’re doing laundry when you’re actually stamping! You can do laundry some other time… like next week. We have stamping to do today!
Want to order the products I used on today’s card? CLICK HERE TO ORDER ONLINE!
- Best of Flowers stamp set 133342
- En Francais background stamp 109521
- From the Heart stamp set 126555 (wood) 126557 (clear)
- Embossing Buddy 103083
- Heat Tool 129053
- Midnight Muse Classic Ink Pad 126860
- Wild Wasabi Classic Ink Pad 126959
- Summer Starfruit Classic Ink Pad 126991
- Midnight Muse Cardstock 126843
- Marina Mist Cardstock 119682
- Very Vanilla Cardstock 101650
- Summer Starfruit Ribbon 126846
- Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430
- Stampin’ Sponges 101610