I am just over the moon excited about today’s video! I absolutely LOVE to make boxes! I am not always the best “gift giver” but I do like my gifts to at least look nice. I also know that you can never go wrong when chocolate is involved.
Today, I am going to share with you my version of a box shared by my good friend and fellow Stampin’ Up demonstrator, Sam Donald. Sam created a smaller version and hers fit these cute little chocolate candies that I had never seen. Sam lives in the UK and bless her heart, they don’t have Hershey’s there. It’s so sad, isn’t it? I know, right? So, I had to do just a little tweaking to her box to create mine but Sam and I love to share so it’s all good.
I have a couple different versions of the box. These boxes would also make gifts to place on top of your Thanksgiving dinner napkins and would dress up the table so nicely.
I hope you found some inspiration for yourself in creating these boxes! Want to make them different sizes? Keep the 5 1/4″ measurement the same but reduce the 8 1/2″ measurement. How? Lay your Hershey Nuggets down and measure how long they will be. Add 1 1/2″ to this measurement and you’re good to go. Score the exact same way as I did in the video.
- With the short side up, score at 3/4″ on both sides.
- With the long side up, score at 3/4″ and 2 1/4″ on both sides.
Want to order that Autumn Accents Bigz die and Cherry Cobbler ribbon while it’s 25% off? CLICK HERE TO ORDER. The sale is good through November 11, 2013. And while you’re shopping, here are the other Stampin’ Up products I used in today’s video in case you need to add anything to your wish list.
- Tags 4 You Bundle #133293 (wood) #133294 (clear)
- Tangerine Tango Classic Ink Pad #126946
- Old Olive cardstock #100702
- Tangerine Tango cardstock #111349
- Very Vanilla cardstock #101650
- Crushed Curry cardstock #131199
- Chocolate Chip cardstock #102128
- Cherry Cobbler cardstock #119685
- Sweater Weather Designer Paper #132184
- Autumn Accents Bigz die #127812
- 1″ Circle punch #119868
- Decorative Label punch #120902
- Cherry Cobbler 1″ ribbon #132135
- Stampin’ Dimensionals #104430
- SNAIL Adhesive #104332
- SNAIL Refill #104331
Thanks so much for checking out today’s video and for subscribing to Simply Simple Stamping! Without you and your faithfulness in ordering, I couldn’t do what I do. You guys are AWESOME! Thank you for being a part of my life! Have a terrific day everyone!