Wow! It’s the last day of August and it’s time to wrap up Aqua Painter August. I am going out with a bang with this final technique – the BLEACH TECHNIQUE.
You’ve seen my love for rubbing alcohol in my Aqua Painter but today I am going to fill it with household bleach and we are going to bleach some cardstock.
Are you ready to learn how? Let’s go!
What you’ll need to create the BLEACH TECHNIQUE
- Aqua Painter
- Household bleach (old bleach may not work so make sure it’s fresh)
- Stamp Set (I’m using Vintage Leaves)
- Basic Black Archival Ink Pad
- Cardstock scraps (I’m using Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Elegant Eggplant, Crushed Curry, and Cherry Cobbler)
- Fill your Aqua Painter with bleach. Use a medicine dropper or a straw to “pull out” the bleach out of the jug and fill the barrel.
- Ink up one of the stamps with Basic Black Archival ink and stamp onto one of the pieces of scrap cardstock.
- You’re going to love this but now you simply “paint” the bleach onto the stamped image, staying inside the lines.
- At first, you’re going to think, “Nothing is happening. This technique doesn’t work. Connie doesn’t know what she’s talking about!”
- Be patient and watch as the bleach does its magic! The cardstock will magically change colors.
- This technique is like a box of chocolates…you never know what you’re going to get. Every cardstock will bleach different.
- This piece of Cajun Craze turned So Saffron.
- Bleached Old Olive looks more like Pear Pizzazz.
- Look at all these beautiful bleached leaves!
- The Vintage Leaves stamp set also has matching set of Framelits, Leaflet Framelits. Go ahead and die cut those with your Big Shot.
Now you’re ready to create a card using the technique!
Do you recognize the Splatter Technique from earlier in the month? CLICK HERE to check it out.
Here are the measurements for my card but get creative with your project:
- Early Espresso – 8 ½” x 5 ½”, score and fold at 4 ¼”
- Very Vanilla – 3 ¾” x 5″
- Cajun Craze – 4” x 5 ¼”
- Scraps of Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, Crushed Curry, and Cherry Cobbler
Want to create my card using this technique? Just click a pic to order!
*Also available in Wood Mount
So much good news to share today!!! First, thank you all for your sweet messages regarding my neck injury. I am feeling SO MUCH better! The medicine kicked in really fast and I get more and more mobility every day. God is so good!
The other bit of good news is that Christina’s Speech & Debate professor FINALLY showed up in his office. He still never showed up for class but Christina practically parked herself outside of his office and waited for him. They have a schedule worked out and even though it was so unprofessional of him to not show up for the first three classes, we are putting it behind us. Now she will graduate on time. YAY!
A HUGE shout out to everyone who joined me on Facebook LIVE last night! I had a blast sharing with you all and I hope you had fun too. Many of you asked how to get the tutorial for the ONE SHEET WONDER. I love that you’re excited to have it. I will share all the details tomorrow which is the first day you can get the tutorial for FREE! We LOVE free, don’t we?
Thanks for joining me today! I know that today’s technique is a little “messier” than some of the others but it sure packs a big punch!
Today is the LAST DAY to use the AUGUST HOST CODE GCDCRYMN on your order of $20* or more, you will NAB A GRAB BAG! What’s in the grab bag? Could be anything! I have some fun product from the previous catalog that is up for grabs! Your grab bag will be inside your Thank You card for placing your online order.
Remember, if your order is over $150.00*, DON’T use the Host Code and earn Stampin’ Rewards (Rewards start at $15) plus a Grab Bag!
*Before Tax & Shipping. One Grab Bag per person.