Today in Teach Me That, I will be showing you, step-by-step, how to use the Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folders. Hmmmm that’s a lot to type so how about I call it DTIEF. Everyone good with that? Cool.
These folders are similar to our Textured Impressions Embossing Folders but there are some differences.
The DTIEF are designed to:
- Leave a deeper impression
- Give more detail
- No bottom cutting plate required
- Spritz with water or emboss dry
- Be easier to sponge ink on final impression
Are you ready to learn how to use them? Here we go!
Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folders
- Begin with you Big Shot Platform. If you are using the platform with the hinges, you will want all the tabs ‘out’.
- Lay the DTIEF directly on the Big Shot platform (no bottom cutting plate).
- Place your cardstock inside the DTIEF.
- Some die cutting machines can ‘cut’ through the paper. It’s best to test on a scrap piece of cardstock first. If your DTIEF is cutting into the paper, you should spritz with water first. The Stampin’ Spritzer is perfect because it’s leaves a fine mist on your cardstock.
- Place a cutting plate on top of the DTIEF. Run through your Big Shot machine.
- Just look at the super deep impression!
- You can leave it ‘as is’ or you can gently sponge ink to make the impressions pop even more.
Now you’re ready to create a card using the technique? Here’s what I did with my dry embossed cardstock.
Here are the measurements for my card but get creative with your project:
- Whisper White – 11” x 4 ¼”, score and fold at 5 ½”
- Tempting Turquoise – 4” x 5 ¼”
- Lemon Lime Twist – 4 ⅞” x 3 ⅝”
- Tempting Turquoise 3 ¾” x 1 ¼” and White 3 ¾” x 1″ (Triple Banner Punch)
- Bermuda Bay Mini Chevron Ribbon – 8″
Want to create my FEELING BLESSED CARD using the Layered Leaves Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder? Just click a pic to order!
Here’s another card using a DTIEF. This one features the Pinewood Planks folder. The texture this DTIEF leaves is absolutely gorgeous!
On this card, I did some gentle sponging with Soft Suede ink. What a difference that makes!
Thought I might as well use the cut out heart. I cut a smaller heart from it and adhered it to the front.
Here are the measurements for my PINEWOOD PLANKS HEART CARD:
- Crumb Cake – 11” x 4 ¼”, score and fold at 5 ½”
- Very Vanilla – 3 ¾” x 5″
- Cherry Cobbler – 2″ x 2″
Need any of the items I used on my PINEWOOD PLANKS HEART CARD today? Use what you have, Order what you need. Just click a pic to order!
*Also available in Wood Mount
Day 3 of Broadway Bootcamp was unbelievable!!! So much happened but the big thing was that Ginny landed a BIG solo for Friday night’s performance. The song is “Seasons of Love” (Rent) and at the end of the song there is a VERY high note that is always a show stopper. I will be sure to record it and share next week.
All the kids were treated to professional headshots and the make-up girl said to Ginny, “How many times a day do you get told you look like Taylor Swift?” It’s true, she does.
Ginny also had her session with Faith Prince on her audition song and she taught her SO much.
Last night was the Broadway Dance Party. All the kids dressed as their favorite Broadway character. Ginny went as Maria from “Sound of Music”.
Here she is with Kristin Chenoweth and Faith Prince.
She had an amazing night! Today is a full day. She goes until 7:30pm and then off to a Drillers baseball game to sing the National Anthem. She won’t be back until about 10pm so yep…long day for sure. Does she mind?!? Heck no! She’s having the time of her life!!!
I just fell in love with the Pinewood Planks Hearts Card so I decided to make a video on it. And guess what? It is a MAKE IT IN MINUTES video too. Be sure to tune in tomorrow for that!
Use the JUNE HOST CODE 7GAJZGZV on your order of $20* or more and I will email you 15 BRAND NEW TUTORIALS featuring new stamp sets and accessories! It’s a fabulous collection that you will most definitely want in your collection!