It’s time for another TEACH Me That! Today let’s look at heat embossing. There are a lot of stampers that have seen this technique but aren’t familiar with how to do it….or are afraid to do it.
Have you always wanted to learn how to create that beautiful high gloss, raised image?
Are you ready to learn how? Here we go!
- Begin by rubbing the Embossing Buddy over your cardstock. This is a really important step. The powder in the Embossing Buddy removes static and oils that the cardstock may have picked up from your hands. Static and oil will attract embossing powder in places you don’t want.
- Ink your image in VersaMark ink. VersaMark is a clear “sticky” ink, perfect for working with Embossing Powder.
- Stamp image onto your cardstock.
- Sprinkle with Embossing Powder, covering the entire image.
- Shake off the excess powder and your image should be nicely covered in powder.
- Are you ready for the magic? Heat the image with a Heat Tool until you see the powder go from a dull color to a bright, shiny image. Continue to move the heat tool around until all the powder has melted.
Now you’re ready to create a card using the technique? Here are the measurements for my card but get creative with your project:
- Crumb Cake – 8 ½” x 5 ½”, score and fold at 4 ¼”
- Island Indigo – 4 ¼” x 2 ¾”
- Whisper White – 3 ¼” x 3 ¼” (cut a 3″ Stitched Shape framelit)
- Gold Glimmer Paper – ½” x 4″
Want to create the Dragonfly Card using this technique? Just click a pic to order!
Here’s another version of the Heat Emboss technique.
This one features the Flourishing Phrases stamp set and the background is embossed in white.
Isn’t it just gorgeous on that Marina Mist cardstock?
Here are the measurements for the sympathy card:
- Whisper White – 11″ x 4 ¼”, score and fold at 5 ½”
- Basic Black – 3 ⅞” x 5 ⅛” and ⅞” x 3 ⅞”
- Marina Mist – 4” x 3 ¾”
Need any of the items used on the sympathy card? Use what you have, Order what you need. Just click a pic to order!
*Also available in Wood Mount
Did you know that you can also heat emboss in any color? I shared a 2-Minute Tuesday Tip video with you back in 2015 that you may have missed. Check this out!
Pretty cool, huh? I hope you learned something today. I know that for many of you, you are already familiar with this technique but hey, maybe there was a tip or two you picked up. I hope so.
I really love to do heat embossing. It always has such a WOW factor to it. When people get a handmade card with that beautiful gloss, they are uber impressed.
Well, I am going to wrap it up for today. Thank you all so much for stopping by. I hope that you’ll join me tomorrow! I’m heading into the stamp room to see what I can whip up for you. Have an awesome day!
Use APRIL HOST CODE CRTQN3WE on your order of $20* or more and you’ll receive a fabulous set of 30 stamping tutorials to inspire your creativity! If your order is over $150, DON’T use the code. Why? Because I don’t want you to miss out on the Stampin’ Rewards that await you! Rewards start at $15 in FREE product!
*Before tax & shipping