I am so excited to share my BRAND NEW series, Teach Me That! Every Thursday I will be sharing a new technique to help take your stamping creativity to a whole new level. Who’s excited?!!! I am honored to be working with the Technique Design Team to bring you share new tips & techniques each Thursday.
Today in Teach Me That, I will be showing you how to take an ordinary stamped image and incorporate the look of “adult coloring” to it. The best part? It’s easy and FUN! Warning: It’s also addicting!
- Stamp images randomly on cardstock, filling in as much space as you can.
- Use a Project Life Journal Pen, fine tip Sharpie or any black pen and trace around all the images. Trace right on the image and/or around the image. Just doodle and have fun.
- Be careful not to smear black ink so work from the top to the bottom.
- If you make a mistake, just doodle over it.
- Don’t worry if your doodles aren’t perfect. It’s a doodle. It’s okay for it not to be perfect.
Other Ideas to ZenDoodle to give each image a different look:
- Add dots
- Add squiggles
- Dotted lines
- Double trace around an image
- Bling it up with rhinestones
You’re ready to use the ‘ZenDoodled’ cardstock to create a card. Here are the measurements for my card:
- Rich Razzleberry – 8 ½” x 5 ½”, score and fold at 4 ¼”
- Daffodil Delight – 4 ¼” x 3 ¾”
- Whisper White – 4” x 3 ½”
- Pool Party 1 ½” x 3 ½” and White 1 ¼” x 3 ¼” (Triple Banner Punch)
Need any of the items I used on my ZenDoodle card? Just click a pic to order!
Here’s another version of the ZenDoodle technique. This one features the Botanical Blooms stamp set.
Here are the measurements for my second card:
- Flirty Flamingo – 11” x 4 ¼”, score and fold at 5 ½”
- Flirty Flamingo – 4 ¼” x 1 ½” (Petal Burst Embossing Folder)
- Crushed Curry – 4 ¼” x 3 ¾”
- Whisper White – 4” x 3 ½” + scrap for Classic Label Punch
- Flirty Flamingo Ribbon – 5 ½” + small bow
I hope you are excited about this new series! Here at Simply Simple Stamping I strive to show you new ideas and teach you new techniques. TEACH Me That is going to do just that. I hope to take your imagination and creativity to a new level of awesomeness!
Thanks so much for being here with me today! Please stop by tomorrow! I have more creative ideas waiting for you!
Use APRIL HOST CODE CRTQN3WE on your order of $20* or more and you’ll receive a fabulous set of 30 stamping tutorials to inspire your creativity! If your order is over $150, DON’T use the code. Why? Because I don’t want you to miss out on the Stampin’ Rewards that await you! Rewards start at $15 in FREE product!
*Before tax & shipping