I had a lot of fun creating this week’s TEACH ME THAT. Every Thursday I share a new technique to help take your stamping creativity to a whole new level.
Today in Teach Me That, I will be showing you how to create a beautiful masked card. It’s so easy to do and I will share with you step-by-step instructions to teach you how.
- You can’t see it well in the photo but I have little dots of SNAIL adhesive on copy paper.
- Rub the SNAIL on your pants or shirt to “de-stickify” the adhesive.
- Line up your cardstock on grid paper. Use the lines on the grid paper to make a straight line with the copy paper.
- Repeat on the other side of the cardstock, leaving the amount of space you would like work with.
- With a sponge dauber, LIGHTLY add ink onto the bottom of the cardstock. You can add more ink if you’d like but you can’t take it away so always start light. (I used Chocolate Chip ink here)
- With a different sponge dauber, LIGHTLY add your next color of ink. (I used Marina Mist)
- GENTLY remove the copy paper and admire how awesome your image looks.
- Stamp as desired on the inked area.
- Add sentiment.
- Isn’t it gorgeous?
- I simply added the stamped cardstock to a card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals for a clean and simple look.
The measurements for my card couldn’t be easier:
- Whisper White – 11″ x 4 ¼”, score and fold at 5 ½”
- Whisper White – 3 ½” x 5″
Want to create my I AM MORE WITH YOU card? Just click a pic to order what you need or look through your stamp sets and see how you can create it with what you have already.
*Also available in Wood Mount
So, here’s the deal…. Mr. Awesome and I have been on a weight loss journey for a long time. About 5 years ago we did Weight Watchers and lost a ton of weight. He lost 90 and I lost 45. We really enjoyed the food we ate and felt amazing. Well, over the next 4 years or so, it SLOWLY crept back on. I put on about 25 and Mr. Awesome, well, he would rather me not say. For the past year, we switched to the Atkins lifestyle and started out great but we just stalled out no matter how diligent we stuck with it.
Last night we made the decision to get back on Weight Watchers. The plan has changed and that makes me sad because I really wanted to go back on the “old” plan but we are going to give this a try and see how it goes. I’m not as concerned about how I look at my current weight as much as I am frustrated at not being able to find clothes that fit. I really need to make this happen. So….stay tuned and I will keep you posted on the results. 🙂
The girls and I are off to the dentist so I had better close. Have a fabulous day my stampin’ peeps! Mwah! See you guys tomorrow!
Use MAY HOST CODE QMMNXM4H on your order of the Eastern Palace bundle (Starter or Premier Bundle) and I have a the most fabulous gift for you! 24 tutorials using the products that come in the bundle. WOWZA!
If your order is over $150, DON’T use the code. Why? Because I don’t want you to miss out on the Stampin’ Rewards that await you! Rewards start at $15 in FREE product! If either of the Eastern Palace bundles are on your order, you will receive the tutorials as well!