Yesterday I was playing around with the Ombre Designer Paper in the Color Theory Paper Stack. I’ve never tried stamping Ombre before and I had no clue what I was doing so I was just playing around. I have no idea if this is a new idea to the stamping world or if its been done before but it was an original idea for me and I was SO excited with what I came up with! Check this out!
Today in Teach Me That, I will be showing you how to create this beautiful Ombre look and it’s SO easy to do.
Are you ready to learn how? Here we go!
- To create the Ombre look, pick 2 ink pads that are close to the same shade. I am using Lemon Lime Twist and Wild Wasabi.
- Ink your stamp in the lightest color.
- In the darker color, gently tap in a random pattern on the top or the side (depending on where you want the Ombre look to be). I chose the top so that it started dark and got lighter.
- Huff on your stamp to moisten the ink and stamp onto your cardstock.
- Check it out! Wahoo! So pretty!
- You can do this same technique with our red rubber stamps too. Here I inked the stamp with Flirty Flamingo first, then tapped the ink pad around the edges in Melon Mambo.
- Can you see the 2 different inks on the stamp?
- Stamp onto the cardstock.
- I followed up with some Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry flowers.
- Here’s my finished card.
Now you’re ready to create a card using the Ombre technique? Here are the measurements for my card but get creative with your project:
- Melon Mambo – 8 ½” x 5 ½”, score and fold at 4 ¼”
- Lemon Lime Twist – 4″ x 5 ¼”
- Basic Black – 5″ x 3 ¾”
- Whisper White – 4 ⅞” x 3 ⅝”
Want to create my LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL card using the Ombre technique? Just click a pic to order!
*Also available in Wood Mount
Here’s another version of the Ombre technique. This is the card that inspired the Ombre technique.
Can you see the lighter color on the sentiment?
I am working on a MAKE IT MONDAY tutorial for this card. Be sure to come back on Monday, June 26th, for that.
Can I rant for a second? Sorry, I just need to get this off my chest.
You may remember back in April my email provider, Cox, out of the blue canceled my email account “due to lack of activity”. I was livid to say the least. I use my email daily, what do you mean LACK of activity? I called and was reassured the email was sent by mistake. I asked them to check again, they did, and reassured me AGAIN that all was fine…. they were wrong. They deleted it. An hour and a half on the phone because they couldn’t figure out why this happened, I was back online. Good. Well, last week, got another email saying the same thing. I called and got the same song and dance BUT they assured me numberous times that there is no problem and my account is safe. WRONG again! The entire family’s email addresses have been deleted.
Steam is coming out of my ears right now, folks. I am FUMING! 17 years as a customer, never made a late payment…. I think this working relationship is done.
My apologies to anyone who tried to email me over the last week and it bounced. Please use my other email, [email protected]
How does someone get a new email address after having the same one for 17 years? Ugh. I think I am going to go have more coffee and have some stamp therapy.
There. Rant over. NOW I will put all this behind me and move on to a GREAT DAY. I never want to let things like this ruin a perfectly beautiful day.
Thank you all for stopping by Simply Simple Stamping (and listening to my rant).
I hope that you will give the Ombre technique a try. It’s kind of addicting!
Have a wonderful day my stamping friends!
Use the JUNE HOST CODE 7GAJZGZV on your order of $20* or more and I will email you 15 BRAND NEW TUTORIALS featuring new stamp sets and accessories! It’s a fabulous collection that you will most definitely want in your collection!