Hello hello hello my stamping friends! I have a FUN technique to share with you in today’s TEACH ME THAT. Can you see it?
See that little decorative border? It added such a nice touch and allowed me to fill in a bald spot with a little something pretty.
Are you ready to learn how? Here we go!
SCORED DECORATIVE BORDER
What you need to create the Scored Decorative Border:
- Simply Scored Board or Stampin’ Trimmer
- Stylus Tool
- Silicone Craft Sheet
- Place your cardstock in the Simply Scored Board. Because you want the score indent to go to the front, turn the cardstock over although it could go either direction.
- Score down, leaving yourself enough space for your sentiment. Mine is going at the bottom so I started on the 3″ mark for my 4″ piece of cardstock
- Move the stylus over ⅛” and score again, this time going about ¼” past the first scored line.
- Move the stylus over ⅛” and score again, going another ¼” past your previous score line.
- Flip the cardstock over and you can see your pretty little border.
- I wanted to add a little dot on the end so I placed the cardstock, upside down, on the Silicone Craft Sheet.
- Press the large end of the stylus onto the end of each line, pressing and rotating it around to create a nice ‘dot’ on the end of each line.
- Doing this adds a little extra touch to your embossed image.
- Stamp your sentiment to the right of the embossed border.
Now you’re ready to create a card using the technique. Here are the measurements for my card but get creative with your project:
- Real Red – 8 ½” x 5 ½”, score and fold at 4 ¼”
- Whisper White – (3) 4” x 5 ¼”
Want to create my SEASON OF CHEER card using this technique? Just click a pic to order!
*Also available in Wood Mount
I could use a little extra love today. It seems that my email address was hacked into yesterday. Not just UGH but DOUBLE UGH!!!!! I have a BIG mess to clean up today. The biggest one is going through and changing all my passwords. Mr. Awesome got everything fixed for me this morning but the mess. Cleaning up the mess, well, that has got to be my job. Why? WHY do hackers do this sort of thing???? They really need to find something better to do with their time.
Before I do anything I am going to get tomorrow’s blog post done because I promised you something special on last night’s Facebook Live event. I am a woman of my word so I will have your free gift ready for you no matter what.
It’s going to be a 2 pot of coffee kind of day. <sigh>
Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope that you enjoyed the quick tutorial on creating decorative borders to fill in empty bald spots on your cards. Give it a try today! Be sure to join me tomorrow for my special free gift I told you about on Facebook Live last night! See ya then!
Use the OCTOBER HOST CODE EERAKVCP on your order of $30* or more and I have an incredible pdf tutorial along with exclusive video links just for you. The Flash Card Gimme a Kiss video & tutorial collection is 15-pages of instructions, photos, diagrams, tips, tricks, and general awesomeness so that you can create 4 different Flash Card Hershey Kiss boxes PLUS a bonus tutorial for the Hershey Kiss Daisy bouquet!
Remember, if your order is over $150.00*, DON’T use the Host Code and earn Stampin’ Rewards (Rewards start at $15) plus you’ll also receive the videos & tutorials! BIG win!!!
*Before Tax & Shipping.
Want to order the FLASH CARD GIMME A KISS TUTORIAL collection? Click here!