The holidays are upon us! Would you like to create a fun centerpiece or have a yummy favor to pass out to your guests? Why not try these SIMPLY SIMPLE Pie Boxes! I was so tickled by your comments on my post about my pie boxes. I’m so glad you want to learn to make them! They really are easy and super cute.
I searched high and low for an easy pie box but came up short. I hope you find my version of the pie box simple and easy. Best part is that it uses only 1 piece of cardstock. Gotta love that! We’re all about keeping it easy around here.
Here is a list of the products I used on my Pie Box. Use what you have or order what you need. You can order all of the supplies HERE!
- Pumpkin Pie cardstock #105117
- Baked Brown Sugar cardstock #130022
- Perfect Pennants Bigz die #123126
- Lattice Bigz die #115958
- Simply Scored Tool #122334
- 2 Way Glue Pen #100425
- Scallop Edge Border Punch #119882
- Snail Adhesive #104332 – Refill – #104331
I used Cherry Cobbler cardstock for the cherry pie (#119685) and Crumb Cake for the the apple pie (#120953).
- 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock – cut to 8 1/2″ x 5″ – set aside. The remaining piece will be 8 1/2″ x 6″.
- Cut the remaining piece down to 6″ x 2 3/4″
- Cut again to 6″ x 2 3/4″
- This will leave you with 6″ x 3″
- Cut (1) of the 6″ x 2 3/4″ pieces down to 4 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ – score at 1/2″ and 2 1/4″
- Cut (1) of the 6″ x 2 3/4″ pieces down to 5 1/4″ x 2 3/4″ – score at 1/2″ and 2 1/4″, score (1) short end at 1/2″
- Cut the 6″ x 3″ pieces down to 5 1/2″ x 3″ – score at 1/2″ and 2 1/4″, score both short ends at 1″
I hope that you are inspired and ready to give these boxes a try! They sure are cute in real life. Want to learn how I made the whipped cream? CLICK HERE to view that video!