I’ve got a mind-blowing tip to extend a card! Are you ready for this?
Some Tuesday Tips are just mind-blowing. Today’s tip video falls in that category. Why? Well, I think we have all been in a position where we needed a BIG card with LOTS of space for everyone to sign their name and a little message. That’s not easy within a 4 ¼” x 5 ½” area. Today I am going to show you several ways you can EXTEND an A2 card to allow plenty of room for others to sign. I think you’re going to like this.
Tip to Extend a Card | Check it Out!
Having trouble viewing the video? CLICK HERE
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
I hope you enjoy today’s throwback video as I continue to heal from my surgery. Now, let me share the cards so you can get a better idea of what they look like. I know you have seen the first 2 cards before (if you missed them, CLICK HERE to watch the video) but as I shared in the video, sometimes you just need to add a little extra to a card you’ve already made. I love this tip to extend a card!
I went from this….
…to THIS! Isn’t that cool????
I just added an extension to the inside of a card I had made previously. Pretty nifty, eh?
- Very Vanilla Thick – 4 ¼” x 11″, scored at 5 ½”
- Very Vanilla – 4″ x 10 ½”, scored at 5 ¼” plus scrap for sentiment
- Gold Foil – ¼” x 5 ½” and scrap for sentiment
- Gold Metallic Edge Ribbon – small knot
You can also go in another direction too. Why not go sideways instead?
- Whisper White Thick – 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Whisper White – 5 ¼” x 8″, scored at 4″ plus scrap for sentiment
- Silver Foil – ¼” x 5 ½” and scrap for sentiment
- Silver Metallic Edge Ribbon – small knot
If you’ve got a BIG group of people who need to sign a card, double up! Look at all that space!
- Melon Mambo – 4 ¼” x 11″, scored at 5 ½”
- Whisper White – (2) 5 ¼” x 8″, scored at 4″
- 3 ¾” x 5″
- Scraps for (2) daisy punches
- Shaded Spruce – 3 ⅞” x 5 ⅛” (punch sprigs before layering)
There are so many ways you can extend your cards. You won’t have to worry about having enough space anymore!
- Night of Navy – 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Whisper White – (2) 5 ¼” x 8″, scored at 4″ and 3 ¼” x 4 ¼”
- Balmy Blue – 3 ½” x 4 ½”
PIN IT! Want to save this cool idea to your favorite Pinterest Board? Save this image!
Isn’t this a fabulous idea? I have used this extended card idea so many times since I shared it last year. I am amazed at how many times I have needed a card for a group to sign.
My hope is that you were super inspired and I hope you will keep this idea in the back of your mind for when you need it.
I will be back with a NEW video on Thursday. I have to sssssslowly go back to making videos to keep my physical therapist happy. I must be a good little patient.