2-Minute Tuesday Tip – Creating a Color Coach Book
Is there anyone who doesn’t struggle with color combinations? I think we all do. For many years now, I have created this simple Color Coach Book and I must say, I use mine ALL the time. I love it! It helps me find color combinations I wouldn’t normally think of AND it helps me find great card base colors without pulling out tons of cardstock to see how my stamped image would look on it.
In today’s 2-Minute Tuesday tip, I have a video to show you how easy it is to create your own Color Coach Book. Let me share it with you….
Tips for creating a Color Coach Book:
- You will need a 4 ¼” x 5 ½” piece of cardstock in each color that you own
- Print off your labels on standard 1″ x 2 ⅝” address labels (Here are some label codes. Choose any of these – Avery 5160, 5260, 5630, 5660, 5960, 8160, 8460, 8660, 8860, 15660, 18160, or 18660)
- 1 ¾” or 2″ book clips can be found at most office supply stores
- You can also tie your Color Coach up with ribbon if you are not able to find book clips
- Add the label to the back so you don’t have to guess what color is what
Tips for using the Color Coach Book:
- Find color combinations you might not ever dream of but flipping different colors together
- Find the perfect color card base by placing your stamped image on each 4 ¼” x 5 ½” color until you find the desired color you want
- As you use the book, don’t go to the obvious color choices. You will be surprised at how great this book is in helping you discover different color combinations you might not ever think of
If you need a quick and easy way to get all the cardstock you need to create a Color Coach Book, why not order the assorted packages of cardstock? Just click a pic to add them to your order!
I have had a marvelous time in Michigan, hanging out with my Stampin’ Up friends this past week but all good things must come to an end. We fly home tomorrow <sigh>.
If you were to ask me what I love most about being a Stampin’ Up demonstrator, hands down it is the friendships I have made. Not only with other demonstrators but with YOU, my loyal readers. I absolutely LOVE that we have this connection through our love of paper crafting. Thank you for being a part of my life and for being my friends. Love you all!
I hope you will give the Color Coach Book a try. Trust me when I say, it is worth the effort. Just think, you could get out of that rut you find yourself in, using the same colors over and over. Why not expand your rainbow?
I have a really amazing video tutorial for you on Thursday. It’s part of my DOUBLE FEATURE series. I will show you a lovely wedding card. Change the colors and it becomes a gorgeous Christmas card. See you then!
QUOTE OF THE DAY – “We must never allow September 11th to become a time for protest and division. Instead, this day must remain a time for promoting peace and mutual respect.” — Timothy Dolan
Thank you for shopping with me and for your loyalty to Simply Simple Stamping! I know there are a lot of demonstrators out there to choose from… THANK YOU for choosing me! To show my appreciation, I have something special for you!
If your order is over $30* and you use the SEPTEMBER HOST CODE H6DUAZ6M, I have a SURPRISE for you in your hand stamped thank you card!
If your order is over $50* and you use the SEPTEMBER HOST CODE H6DUAZ6M, you will receive a SURPRISE in your hand stamped thank you card plus next month you will receive a pdf filled with some fabulous tutorials! (email will arrive around the 1st of October)
REMINDER! If your order is over $150, DON’T USE the Host Code. Why? Because Stampin’ Rewards are waiting for you! Stampin’ Rewards start at $15 and go up! Use them or lose them so make sure you redeem them on the order you earned them. Click “Claim Rewards” instead of “Add to Bag”. It’s that easy!
*before tax/shipping – (1) gift per month per customer