Giving the gift of cash is always a good idea and today I’m sharing a creative way to give money as a gift. You can’t go wrong with this one! But we want to give that money in a fun and creative way, right? How about a dollar bill fun fold? A little bit of origami folding and in no time you have a sweet heart shaped bill that you can add to a card. Are you ready to learn how?
Creative Way to Give Money: How to Origami Fold Cash Into a Heart
Looking for a creative way to give money for a wedding gift, or a picky teenager perhaps? This handmade gift is fun to make and will delight anyone. You can make this cash gift idea quickly…just follow along with the video! NOTE: This project is designed for USA currency
Having trouble viewing the video? CLICK HERE
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Creative Way to Give Money: Fold a Dollar Bill into a Heart
I hope you were able to follow along with the folding in the video. I have done my best to give you some written directions too (thanks WikiHow).
- If possible, start with a crisp bill, any denomination. NOTE: This project is designed for USA currency
- Fold the bill in half horizontally, then open it back up.
- Bring the right side of the bill over to the center crease and then the left side over to the center crease. Line up the edges so that they’re flush with the crease. Avoid overlapping them or leaving a small gap between them.
- Flip the heart over, Bring the left bottom corner into the middle of the bill, forming a 45° angle from the bottom of the bill. Repeat with the right bottom corner. This forms the point at the base of the heart.
- Fold the area at the top down so that it meets the top edge of the angled folds.
- Gently fold the right and left sides into a triangle shape.
- Fold the tips that are in the center of the bill even with fold to round out the heart.
- To check your finished heart, flip it over and look at the edges. If they look too pointy or harsh, turn the heart back over and adjust the corner folds until the heart is the shape you want.
To be on the safe side, I think I will hand deliver this card. Not saying I don’t trust the post office but….well, let’s just say I have had a few packages and cards mysteriously never arrive and I would hate for cash to be lost in the mail.
You might want to practice on a $1 bill to get the hang of it once. It’s super easy though, I promise!
- Real Red – 5 ½” x 8 ½”, score at 4 ¼”
- Whisper White – (2) 3 ¾” x 5″ and ½” x 3″
- Basic Black – 3 ⅞” x 5 ⅛” and ⅝” x 3 ⅛”
- From My Heart – (2) Heart punches
- (2) Crisp USA dollar bills
Here are the supplies I used on my card today. Want to add some of these goodies to your craft collection? Click a pic to start your order!
PIN IT! You might want to save this video to your favorite Pinterest Board. Save this image!
Thank you all so much for joining me today. I always love sharing fun tips and ideas with you on Tuesdays. I thought this fun origami fold was just too cute and a fun way to give a gift. As I said, I would practice with a $1 bill for your first time (it doesn’t even need to be crisp, it’s just for practice). You will find that a single practice is probably all you need and you can start to create these without instructions.
Have a fabulous day everyone! I look forward to seeing you back on Thursday.
Quote of the Day – “Forgiveness is the final form of love.” — Reinhold Niebuhr
To show my appreciation, I have something special for you! When you use the monthly Host Code on your order, you earn rewards from me!
If your order is over $30* and use the JANUARY HOST CODE JHS7WWTA, get ready for a special surprise! Watch your email for my exclusive TUTORIAL COLLECTION featuring the Peaceful Poppies Suite from the new 2020 catalog – 9 special tutorials that are sure to inspire your stamping.
Become a SPOILED STAMPER VIP! If your order is over $50* and use the JANUARY HOST CODE JHS7WWTA, you will also receive a FREE SALE-A-BRATION ITEM from Stampin’ Up plus the exclusive TUTORIAL COLLECTION. Wahoo!
IMPORTANT: If your order is over $150* don’t use the Host Code! Why? Because your order qualifies for Stampin’ Rewards! Rewards start at $15! PLUS you will receive the tutorial collection and the Sale-a-Bration items! Want more details? Email me at Connie@SimplySimpleStamping.com.
*Before tax & shipping