Want glittery greeting cards you can make with a surprise “ingredient’? You are going to love this! In this video, I will share with you how to create a glitter window using packing tape or shipping tape. These greeting cards don’t photograph how beautiful they are in person. They just look stunning with lots of shimmer, glimmer, and bling!
The cards I have to share are also all Flash Cards so that means you don’t need a lot to create them.
Aren’t these glittery greeting cards so pretty? I love a card with a big WOW factor and these glitter cards deliver just that!
Glittery Greeting Cards You are Going to Love!
You’ll watch beautiful handmade greeting card designs come to life using this fun card technique. Can you just imagine all the pretty greeting card ideas you can think of to use with this method?? I can’t wait to see YOUR glittery greeting cards!!!
Having trouble viewing the video? CLICK HERE
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Who knew packing tape, something so simple, could create such a gorgeous look!
A FEW TIPS TO REMEMBER ABOUT THESE GLITTERY GREETING CARDS AND THIS GLITTER TECHNIQUE:
- The window you create cannot be wider than your tape. Having a seam or overlapping the tapes doesn’t work well. However, the one exception to this rule would be if you could add a piece of narrow ribbon or cardstock to hide the seam.
- The Silicone Craft Sheet makes adding the packing tape so much easier because the tape can’t stick to it
- Always add embellishments before adding the glitter (nothing sticks to glitter)
- You can use any color of glitter for this glitter technique. I chose the seasonal Ice Glitter for it’s little more chunky look but you can also use Dazzling Diamonds (or perhaps you are like me and over the years have more glitter than you will ever use in your lifetime). Ice Glitter is a seasonal item and may not be available after January 2, 2020.
Are you ready to learn more about the cards? Let’s start with the Christmas cards (but scroll down, there are some non-Christmas cards too)
Season’s Greetings Measurements:
- Whisper White Thick – 5 ½” x 8 ½” or 4 ¼” x 11″
- Soft Sea Foam – 2 ¾” x 4 ¼”, cut to 3 ¾”
- Whisper White – 2 ½” x 4″, after you punch, cut to 3 ¼”
Supply List for the Season’s Greetings Glitter Window Card. To order, click a pic
Celebrate the Season Measurements:
- Merry Merlot – 5 ½” x 8 ½” or 4 ¼” x 11″
- Whisper White – 2 ½” x 4″, after you stamp & punch, cut to size
- Pretty Peacock – 2 ¾” x 4 ¼”, cut ¼” longer than the Whisper White
Supply List for the Celebrate the Season Greetings Glitter Window Card. To order, click a pic
How about a couple of non-Christmas cards. We still need birthday and anniversary cards, right? Check out these cards create with the Stitched Rectangle dies.
Meant to Be Measurements:
- Whisper White Thick – 4 ¼” x 11″, score at 5 ½”
- Whisper White – 2 ½” x 4″, die cut stamped heart and 3 ¾” x 5″ (inside to hide tape)
- Real Red – 2 ¾” x 4 ¼”, die cut 2 nesting rectangles to create the frame and use the remaining to die cut 2 hearts
Supply List for the Meant to Be Greetings Glitter Window Card. To order, click a pic
Happy Birthday Cake Measurements:
- Blushing Bride – 4 ¼” x 11″, score at 5 ½” and 3 ¾” x 5″ (inside to hide tap)
- Whisper White – (2) 2 ½” x 4″, stamp and punch from (1) and die cut 3 nesting rectangles to create the frame and sentiment with the other
Supply List for the Happy Birthday Cake Glitter Window Card. To order, click a pic
PIN IT! Want to save this technique to your favorite Pinterest Board? Save this image!
QUOTE OF THE DAY – “Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” — Brian Tracy
I can’t even tell you how much gratitude I have for each and every one of you. Spending time stamping together throughout the week is one of my most favorite things to do. How blessed I am! Thank you so much for joining me today. I do hope that today’s glitter technique is one that you will try. I can guarantee cards created with this technique will be a huge hit.
Make it a GREAT weekend everyone! See you on Tuesday for a new Tuesday Tip video!