The EMBOSS RESIST TECHNIQUE leaves such a stunning impression. In today’s TEACH ME THAT, I am going to show you step-by-step how it’s done.
Notice how the white embossed image ‘resisted’ the ink? Very pretty!
I love this technique and the new glossy cardstock makes is really shine! Are you ready to learn how? Here we go!
EMBOSS RESIST TECHNIQUE
- This technique is designed to leave the stamped image white while adding color to the background. The stamped image will “resist” the ink (thus the name).
- Emboss Resist works best on Glossy White Cardstock because of the shine but you can also create it with Whisper White cardstock as well.
- Give your cardstock a nice rub down with your Embossing Buddy.
- Stamp your image in VersaMark ink and quickly sprinkle with white embossing powder.
- Tap off the excess embossing powder and heat set this image.
- Because of the glossy cardstock and the quick drying time, you will have better results if you heat emboss right away rather than do all the stamping and emboss at the end.
- Heat set your image with a heat gun until the embossing powder has all melted.
- Now that your cardstock is embossed, it’s time for some magic. Using a sponge dauber and your favorite color ink (I’m using Lemon Lime Twist), start by swirling the ink VERY lightly on your cardstock and over the embossed image.
- Press harder on the sponge dauber to achieve a deeper color but always start softly. Remember, you can always add more ink but you can’t take it away. Start softly and gently.
- With a paper towel or tissue, gently buff the glossy cardstock and embossed image to a shine.
Now you’re ready to create a card using the technique? Here are the measurements for my card but get creative with your project:
- Basic Black – 8 ½” x 5 ½”, score and fold at 4 ¼”
- Glossy White – 5” x 3 ¾”
- White Cardstock (inside) – 4” x 5 ¼
- Lemon Lime Twist – 4” x 5 ¼”
Want to create my card using the Emboss Resist technique? Just click a pic to order!
So, notice anything different about Simply Simple Stamping??? I’m getting a make over! New logo, new layout, new everything! If things seem a little off, don’t worry. It is still a work in progress but soon you will see a new and improved website that I hope will be easier to navigate through. I’m very excited about the new changes to come!
Well my friends, I hope that you learned something new today and you are excited to try this new technique. It really is a beautiful technique so grab your stamps, ink and paper and give it a try. If you don’t have the new Glossy cardstock yet, try it on Whisper White cardstock. I know you will enjoy the final product!
Hope your Thursday is an amazing one! Take some time for YOU today because you are AWESOME!!! Smooches my fiends! See ya tomorrow!
Use the JUNE HOST CODE 7GAJZGZV on your order of $20* or more and I will email you 15 BRAND NEW TUTORIALS featuring new stamp sets and accessories! It’s a fabulous collection that you will most definitely want in your collection!
*Before Tax & Shipping