Are you ready for a new Teach Me That? Every Thursday I share a new technique to help take your stamping creativity to a whole new level. Today I will be showing you how to create a faux linen look. I love this technique!
Can you see that wonderful texture on the card? This technique is fast, fun, and easy peasy! Are you ready to learn how? Here we go!
FAUX LINEN TECHNIQUE
- Cut your Whisper White cardstock and Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet the same size.
- Peel away the backing sheet.
- Adhere onto your Whisper White cardstock. Leave the backing paper in place until the end.
- Place the cardstock onto your tissue paper. This is NOT stuck down. We are only using it as a template.
- Fold down the top, bottom, and the sides. Give the tissue paper a crease.
- These creases will show your actual stamping space.
- I began with my sentiment. Can you see how I stamped in the corner? That’s why those crease lines are so helpful.
- Next I came in with my flower stamps.
- I stamped flowers randomly on the tissue paper.
- Be careful not to smear your stamped images. Ink doesn’t dry the same on tissue paper.
- Add the center of the flowers.
- Add more stamped images as desired.
- Fill in dead space with leaves.
- Allow the tissue paper to dry for a few minutes. You could move the process along with a heat gun, if you’d like.
- Are you ready? Now you crumble up the tissue paper.
- Wad it up into a little ball.
- Unfold your tissue paper CAREFULLY (you don’t want it to tear).
- Repeat this process a second time. You want the “linen” look of the creases going every which way.
- Gently smooth out the tissue paper but not too much. We want those creases to show so don’t get rid of them by over-flattening the tissue paper.
- Remove the backing paper from your cardstock.
- Line up the sentiment in the corner and TAP the tissue onto the sticky paper.
- Tap, tap, tap to adhere the tissue!
- Flip the paper over and give it a gentle back rub.
- Pay close attention to the edges. You want those pressed down really well.
- Can you see that wonderful texture?
- Trim away the excess tissue paper.
Now you’re ready to create a card using the technique?
Here are the measurements for my card but get creative with your project:
- Thick Whisper White – 8 ½” x 5 ½”, score and fold at 4 ¼”
- Berry Burst – 4″ x 5 ¼”
- Whisper White – 3 ¾” x 5″
- Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet – 3 ¾” x 5″
- Tissue Paper – 6″ x 6″
Want to create my card using this technique? Just click a pic to order!
Well, it’s been 2 months since I started my Weight Watchers journey and I am happy to say that I am down about 12 pounds. About 12…. that’s because I am still holding onto some water weight from my trip. A weight loss of 1.5 pounds a week is right on course for healthy weight loss and I am feeling quite proud! And 20 of those days were spend out of town, eating out.
I find it interesting on some of my Facebook Weight Watcher groups how people are venting about their disappointment with the program because they’ve only only 6 pounds in 2 weeks. Seriously???? I think all the quick weight loss commercials (you know the ones, “LOSE 10 POUNDS IN 3 DAYS”) are sending mixed signals. 1-2 pounds a week is safe weight loss. Quick weight loss is sure to come right back.
My clothes are fitting SO much better and I feel amazing! Love the energy I have! Why didn’t I do this ages ago????
A HUGE shout out to those of you who suggested Melatonin to help with my jet lag. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!! That did the trick! I slept through the night and woke up at my normal time. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
I sure appreciate you checking in with me today! Are you excited to try the Faux Linen Technique? Go raid the gift wrap box and grab some tissue paper and get to stamping!
DON’T FORGET! When you use the July Host Code UN2FHR74 on your order of $20* or more, you will get this month’s exclusive video & written tutorial to create the Magnetic Refrigerator Shopping List/Message Center. This project is fun and easy to create. Would make a great gift too!
Bonus Days Coupons! For every $50* you spend, you earn a $5 coupon to use August 1-31, 2017!
Remember, if your order is over $150.00*, DON’T use the Host Code and earn Stampin’ Rewards (Rewards start at $15) AND $15 Bonus Days coupons on your order!
*Before Tax & Shipping