I had SO much fun creating today’s TEACH ME THAT card! Is that a fun focal image or what? I love learning new things I can do with stamps, ink & paper and today’s technique is one you’ll want to add to your file – the Plastic Wrap Smoosh!
Today’s project will feature the Aqua Painter. I am having SO much fun creating with the Aqua Painters this month. I hope you are too. I do need to warn you. Today’s technique is TOTALLY ADDICTING! I can’t stop! I just felt you needed to know.
Are you ready to learn how to do the Plastic Wrap Smoosh technique? Here we go!
Let’s start with the supplies you will need.
- (2) Classic ink pads
- Glossy cardstock
- Aqua Painter filled with rubbing alcohol
- Something to protect your work surface (I used an unused cutting plate but you can also use an old towel)
- Plastic Wrap (such as Saran Wrap but a piece of grocery bag will work also)
- Old towel or paper towel
- Begin by pressing the LIGHTEST COLOR ink pad onto lid (while the ink pad is closed). This will create a puddle of ink for you to work with.
- Gently squeeze the barrel of the Aqua Painter until 2-3 drops of alcohol lands on the ink.
- Spread the alcohol into the ink.
- Tap tap tap the plastic wrap in the diluted ink.
- Tap tap tap the plastic wrap onto the glossy cardstock. Yep, just smoosh it on!
- Continue tapping the ink on the glossy cardstock until you have coverage all over.
- Now it’s time for the second color. Repeat the same process as you did before, adding a few drops of alcohol onto the ink puddle (your darker color ink pad).
- Tap tap tap the plastic wrap on the cardstock but not too much. Just enough until you get the look you want. You can add more ink but you can’t take it away.
- Clean up time! Just brush the Aqua Painter back and forth on the towel until it comes clean.
- You want to clean up any alcohol remaining on your ink pads too. Just take a tissue and wipe it away.
- If your cardstock looks a little dull, take a tissue and buff it to a shine.
- Admire you beautiful work of art!
- Tip: Store you alcohol filled Aqua Painter brush UP.
Now you’re ready to create a card using the technique? Here’s what I came up with but get creative with your project!
Here are the measurements for my card:
- Flirty Flamingo – 8 ½” x 5 ½”, score and fold at 4 ¼”
- Glossy Cardstock 3″ x 3 ¼”
- Calypso Coral – 3 ¼” x 3 ½”
- Whisper White 3 ½” x 3 ¾”
- Gold Glimmer – 2 ½” x 5 ½”
Want to create my card using this technique? Just click a pic to order!
Last night we had a BLAST over on Facebook for a FACEBOOK Live event. Thank you all so much for joining me.
I attempted to create 8 cards in 8 minutes. Did I make it???? Well, you’ll just have to wait until tomorrow when I will be sharing the recorded video here on my blog. 🙂
Thank you all so much for tuning in!
I have a HUGE pile of HAPPY MAIL that flew the coop yesterday! If you placed a $20 or more order with me and used the Host Code, there are some fun grab bag goodies heading your way! If you want happy mail, just use the AUGUST HOST CODE GCDCRYMN on your order of $20* or more, you will NAB A GRAB BAG too! What’s in the grab bag? Could be anything! I have some fun product from the previous catalog that is up for grabs! Your grab bag will be inside your Thank You card for placing your online order.
Remember, if your order is over $150.00*, DON’T use the Host Code and earn Stampin’ Rewards (Rewards start at $15) plus a Grab Bag!
*Before Tax & Shipping. One Grab Bag per person.